Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mission Possible One begins

Another year of ministry and a new team on Mission Possible is about to begin.  I wanted to take a few minutes and share some photos from the car wash fund raiser we had to raise money for the two Mission Possible teams this summer.  The car wash was a great success and  we had great weather on the day of the car wash.  In fact I do not think there was a time during the entire car wash that we did not have at least one or two cars to wash.  For those of you who do not know me, my name is Zane Dempsie and I have lead teams on Mission Possible One for the last 7 years.  It has been a blessing to be able to disciple the teens each year and I am expecting some great things to occur this year through this team that God has assembled.  My Co- leader for this year's trip is Joan Fountain.   It is great to have Joan leading with me again as she had lead with me several years in the past.  The first photo I have posted is a partial picture of our MP1 team.  I say partial because several of the teens were not available for the picture due to some other commitments on this day.  I will be updating this photo with a picture of the entire team after the commissioning service on June 10th.  One other thing that I want to mention is that I will have an Intern, Alex Figart, working with me and Joan this summer.  Alex had joined the group I lead last year on an abbreviated trip and this year since Alex is now attending Lancaster Bible College and needed an Intern experience for her summer I felt this would help Alex with her Internship and also be a benefit to the Mission Possible team.

 This was a first for our Mission Possible car wash.  A Gentleman brought his semi to get washed and the teens loved being able to wash this truck.

The teens did a great job at staying on task and getting the car's washed.
We also did some training this day and the  teens are starting to be more cofortable using the sketchboard.  We have one more training on June 10th after the commissioning service and then on June 25th we start with our first local week of ministry.


 I will giving weekly updates on this blog as the summer goes on so check back to stay informed of how God is using your prayers and support to touch lives with the gospel. I also want to thank everyone who came out and contributed by letting us wash your car.  Until you read again may God be glorified!







No comments:

Post a Comment